1. Do not spray on perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewelry. Wear your jewelry after you have sprayed on your favorite perfume so that chemicals on the spray or perfume does not interact with your jewelry’s metal.
2. Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring, bracelet or necklace.
3. Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine, perfume and the like may react with metal/plated jewellery and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also goes with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewellery when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, and also when swimming.
4. Every after use, clean your plated jewellery with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewellery using a soft jewellery cloth also helps restore shine.
5. If your jewelry needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewellery cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold plated jewelry tarnish more quickly.
6. To avoid scratches, wrap your jewellery in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewelry box separate from other types of jewelry you have.